Tuesday, May 20, 2008

AMAZED and PROUD!!!

This week has been full of exciting things for us as a family. I think nothing done so far could beat the the excitement the kids laid down for me tonight. As we were driving home from the bus (which had broken down and I had to go pick them up at a different spot) Logan says to me "Mom, I want to be baptized." Lindsey then exclaims "I do too!". It brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat . I choked them back and said to both of them " I think its a wonderful idea lets talk about it a little more over dinner."
I always wanted the kids to be baptized however, I wanted to be sure they understood what it meant and be able to make that choice. So we talked about it and I ask both of them if they understood what it meant to be baptized. They did . Lindsey told me it meant she ask Jesus into her heart to stay forever and that he would forgive her for her sins.
Logan told me it meant Jesus was in his heart forever and he would always try to not sin and to make good choices like Jesus would.
I have to admit I'm proud very proud and feel I have accomplished one of my main goals as a parent. I wanted them to know Jesus but I didn't want to push them but give the freedom on their own with the guidance behind them of course.
So I guess now I can give everyone a big pat on the back. My parents for giving me the values and up bringing in Christ. My husband and myself for bringing our children up with Christ. Maybe we were not always in a "church" but we always talked about Jesus and prayed with our kids. Our families for nurturing them on their journey.Uncle Mike and Aunt Sue for taking them to church . Grandma and Pappy for encouraging them to go. Amy for getting them involved in an active kids program and their church family at Bay Street. We can't forget the countless prayers from Ma maw Debbie and Pappy Jack as well as Pappy Davie and Grandma Shelby.Then those of numerous family members and friends. Thank You ALL!
I also have to give a big hand to my Heavenly Father . I know it seems silly to cry as I write this but I know they are tears of joy and not sorrow. Its just an answered prayer!

No comments: