It was a very beautiful day and everyone got up and headed to church. The kids were excited and nervous but anxious as well.This process has been a long time in the making and then got rushed last minute. Pastor Mark is leaving the church and I really wanted the kids to be comfortable with who ever baptized them and I wanted it to be personal. Lindsey was first to be baptized. Logan was shortly after and his friend Seth. Pastor Mark had some very nice things to say about Logan and it brought tears to our eyes. Dewey and I are very proud of them both.
Then the preacher invited anyone in the audience and Mandi joined them in showing her outward obedience to God since she had prayed and accept Christ into her heart and was forgiven of her sins. Pastor Mark did a great job explaining this and touched alot of hearts that morning. It was very emotional time for all of us and it was great to have our family and friends join us in celebration and support of Logan and Lindsey as they took a very big step toward the kingdom of heaven. Logan was so excited when I went upstairs to get him and I told him Mandi had decide to get baptised as well. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said..."She's going to heaven with us?" However, there was no question in his voice!
I got to see Mandi as she came up out of the water. There was a refreshing look in her eyes.
No comments:
Post a Comment